Release Date: July 2023
Release Notes: July 14
Release highlights in this article
- Written in React, all left and top navigation is translated and consistently displayed in the desired language.
- The Customer Account Lookup tile has gotten quality-of-life improvement, with users being able to execute an account search by pressing the “Enter” key.
- The Online Ordering admin navigation and pages for general settings, submenu menu editing, order history, and order details now support Canadian French translations.
- The order-receiving tablet application for Online Ordering now provides native translations in languages other than English, including French, Canadian French, Spanish, German, and Italian.
- Online Ordering now recognizes SkipGo as a delivery provider for first-party orders.
- Order Experience Builder now supports 3DS2, which is of particular importance for international clients using a compatible payment gateway.
Updates & Fixes
- The “Order Again” component on the branded app’s dashboard now prompts users to select or add their address when attempting a delivery reorder.
- A bug that caused combo items to be incorrectly priced at $0 has been fixed in the “Order Again” component of the branded app’s dashboard.
- In the branded app, modifiers set up in Olo communicate availability. Out-of-stock items are unclickable and carry the “Out of Stock” designation. Stocked items that are unavailable for another reason also can’t be clicked. Only items that are in stock and available during a given order time can be selected.
- The graphs page for gift cards now contains the left and top navigation.
- The Toast point-of-sale integration for Online Ordering ensures that the categories, items, and modifiers in the API are reflected in the menu for ordering.
- The Xenial point-of-sale integration for Online Ordering now allows syncing category structure.
- The assignment of store groups in Online Ordering has been made more reliable.
- An issue that prevented display of the takeout type has been resolved in the enterprise settings management for Online Ordering.
- Support has been added to Online Ordering to enable additional charges for guest users.
- Several defects in the Order Experience Builder themes have been addressed to improve usability and the guest experience.
- The order-receiving tablet application for Online Ordering now automatically refreshes when new software is deployed, enabling use of the latest release without needing to reload the webpage.
- Item-level refunds processed through the order-receiving tablet application are now reflected in the tablet receipt.
- Settings Manager offers the ability to configure curbside ordering.
- More flexibility has been created for the scheduling of Settings Manager changes.
- Marketplace management in Online Ordering now supports pushing category hours to DoorDash.
- The client-level dashboard for Online Ordering now has improved logic for faster loading times.
- The Revel point-of-sale integration for Online Ordering enables clients doing their own delivery on orders placed through a third-party marketplace to select separate dining options for pickup and delivery.
- To align with other signup pages, guests joining Loyalty through Order Experience Builder now have a default opt-in for U.S.-based clients and a default opt-out for clients based elsewhere.
- The top navigation for Online Ordering no longer overlaps other content for clients with a larger number of features enabled.
- DoorDash is now sent a second address line for its DoorDash Drive orders.
- Toast has been added as a supported POS system in the Settings Manager, which is designed for enterprise clients.
- Order Experience Builder has undergone UI improvements for item displays and reordering.
- Online Ordering coupons can now be applied to a store group as opposed to an individual store or all of a merchant’s locations.
- Marketplace management in Online Ordering can now be configured to pass no tax to the Aloha point of sale when tax is remitted by a third-party marketplace.
- The Toast point-of-sale integration for Online Ordering no longer sends false-positive alert emails.
- The lead-time calculation in Online Ordering now enables the API to surface promise times to front-end applications without any additional logic being needed.
- Enhanced security helps the Online Ordering platform protect against bad actors.
- Converting from the legacy settings-management tool to the one that’s designed for enterprise clients has been made simple.
- Enterprise settings management now accepts negative latitude and longitude numbers.