Status and Notification Alerts
Have you ever wondered what your campaign is doing after you hit the submit button? If you have, then you will love the new campaign tool features that provide users with notifications and the progress with adjustments and messages. Here are some of the features:
- Status Page. A status page that shows the progress of the campaign, wallet adjustments, and messages.
- Notifications. Notifications for when the campaign has started and completed adjustments.
- Continue Work. The ability for the user to switch away and perform other tasks while the campaign is running.
The enhancements are based on all campaigns that are run including “Now,” “Deferred,” and “Recurring.” Once a user clicks submit, he will be taken to a new Campaign Status page. This page refreshes every five seconds. If the campaign has not yet started, the user will see the status is “Not Started” (Figure 3). This means that the campaign is in the queue waiting for other campaigns or scheduled bulk activities to finish.
Once the campaign starts, the status will change to “Active” (Figure 4). You will see all optional aspects of a campaign as separate rows. In this example, the campaign makes both wallet adjustments and sends email messages. The first step in campaign execution is to run the campaign filters to find all matching accounts.
After the filter runs, the status page will indicate progress with adjustments (Figure 5). You will see this page updating in quantum of 500 because the system adjusts 500 accounts at a time.
When the adjustments are completed, the system, if applicable, will move on to sending email messages, SMS messages, and/or push/pull notifications (Figure 6). You will see the progress for each message type in rows added to the table depending upon the messages included in the campaign. In Figure 5, email is the only message type in the campaign. If SMS were a message type in the campaign, a new row would display the status of the SMS messages.
When all the elements of the campaign are completed, the status will be marked ‘Completed’ and all rows will become green (Figure 7).
You can move on to other tasks once you see the Campaign Status page. At this point, the campaign will be scheduled in the system and it will execute. The system will create notifications when the campaign has started and when it is finished adjustments. These notifications show up below the top navigation bar with “Home,” “Help,” and “Logout” along with “Report Notifications.” Similar to Report Notifications, there will be a hyperlink that will take you back to the status page so you can follow the progress of adjustments and messaging (Figure 8).
1. Notifications are based on your user’s cache, which updates every 60 seconds. This means that it may take up to 60 seconds for you to see a campaign notification of any kind. We will improve this timing to be more responsive in a future release.
2. Notifications are erased once you click on the status page and see the status of “Completed.” In addition, campaign notifications are deleted at the end of each business day so that they do not irritate users.